Common Reasons to See A Chiropractor
Quick quiz: Which of the following is a reason for you to visit a chiropractor?
A. Neck or back pain
B. Discomfort or pain due to pregnancy
C. Boosting athletic performance
D. All of the above
If you answered “D,” you’re correct! Chiropractic care has been shown to help treat and relieve many different health concerns, naturally and without medications. Patients may be rewarded with valuable benefits for a wide array of acute (sudden) and chronic (long-term) injuries, illnesses, and conditions. Chiropractic care can be effective on its own or combined with other modalities — such as interventional pain management, physical therapy, or massage therapy — as part of a regular, personalized, comprehensive program.
Chiropractic Properties for the Spinal Column and Extremities
When it comes to chiropractic care, a big focus is placed on musculoskeletal issues, those involving your bones, muscles, tendons, ligaments, and soft tissues. This isn’t surprising, as these areas are crucial to your body’s movement and function, as well as your overall health.
At The Spine & Sports Health Center, our team of qualified, experienced chiropractors treats a host of musculoskeletal concerns that affect the spinal column and extremities. These conditions, which span the entire body, include:
- Persistent neck or back pain — Regardless of the cause, chiropractic care can help provide long-term relief, while also improving your posture.
- Joint and muscle pain — Due to musculoskeletal misalignment, you can experience joint or muscle pain throughout the body. But chiropractic adjustments may be able to realign the problem areas.
- Headaches — An adjustment can effectively reduce or eliminate headaches caused by spinal misalignment, without medications or invasive procedures.
- Decreased range of motion — Chiropractic treatments may improve your range of motion and flexibility, helping your bones and joints to fall back into place.
- Leg concerns — If your legs have shooting pains, tingling, or weakness, this may indicate pinched nerves or disc problems. However, spinal adjustments may provide non-surgical relief.
- Sciatica — Also called lumbar radiculopathy, this condition occurs when your sciatic nerve is compressed or irritated. As a result, you may experience mild or sharp pain, tingling, and numbing in the lower back, buttocks, and down the leg.
Other Health Benefits for Chiropractic Care
- Prenatal pain — For expecting mothers, chiropractic care may relieve discomfort and pain in the back, hips, and joints. A series of regular adjustments can also improve your pelvic balance.
- Greater well-being — Your chiropractor can provide effective stress-relieving techniques and general suggestions for healthier day-to-day living. Chiropractic care has also been found to improve sleep.
- Reduced need for medications — As chiropractic care is an all-natural approach, it may lower the need for people with chronic pain to take prescribed opioid pain relievers.
- Athletic performance — A regular chiropractic program may boost performance and endurance for athletes and fitness fanatics while decreasing the risk of injuries.
Schedule a Chiropractic Consultation in New Jersey
The entire team of chiropractors at The Spine & Sports Health Center is available to help you achieve your pain relief goals. We invite you to schedule an appointment at one of our Hoboken, Jersey City, or Bayonne, NJ locations.