Basil Kurdali, MD
Interventional Pain Management Specialist
Dr. Basil Kurdali is a double board-certified physician in both Interventional Pain Management and Anesthesiology.
In keeping with the philosophy of the practice, Dr. Kurdali emphasizes a personalized approach to pain management, offering each of his patients the time & care needed to properly evaluate and treat their pain condition. Additionally, Dr. Kurdali uses non-invasive techniques to restore functionality & improve quality of life for his patients. He is passionate about finding the correct diagnosis to help his patients find the least invasive paths to recovery.
Using several advanced techniques, such as epidural steroid injections, facet joint injections, radiofrequency ablation, spinal cord stimulator placement, and more, Dr. Kurdali is able to help his patients find targeted pain relief, without resorting to surgery or opioid prescriptions.
Patients love his attention to detail, consistent availability, and positive attitude.
To schedule an appointment with one of our interventional pain management specialists:
Dr. Kurdali is an expert in interventional pain management, dedicated to alleviating a wide range of back, neck, and joint conditions. With convenient locations in Hoboken, Jersey City, and Bayonne, Dr. Kurdali and The Spine & Sports Health Center’s team provide pain-relieving care to patients throughout Northern NJ, including Union City, North Bergen, West New York, and beyond.
Dr. Kurdali utilizes state-of-the-art, non-surgical techniques, harnessing years of experience to provide lasting pain relief, allowing you to regain your active lifestyle. Our interventional pain management philosophy centers on precise diagnoses and customized treatment plans tailored to each patient's unique needs. We take the time to uncover the root cause of your pain, ensuring the effectiveness of our minimally invasive treatments.
- Neck Pain
- Back Pain
- Sports Injuries
- Herniated Discs
- Bulging Discs
- Knee Pain & Injuries
- Shoulder Pain & Injuries
- Pinched Nerves
- Spinal Stenosis
- Joint Pain
- Foot & Ankle Pain & Injuries
- Hip & Leg Pain & Injuries
- Hand, Wrist, & Elbow Pain & Injuries
Professional Affiliations & Associations
- American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- New York State Society of Anesthesiologists
- New Jersey State Society of Anesthesiologists
- NJ Top Docs 2020, 2021, 2022
- Mount Sinai Hospital: “Outstanding Fellow of the Year”
- St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Center: Chief Resident
- St. George's University School of Medicine
- Double Blinded Randomized Controlled Study Evaluating the Analgesic Duration of Dexmetomidine compared to Dexamethasone as adjuncts to Single Shot Interscalene Block in patients undergoing Ambulatory Shoulder Surgery
Montefiore Medical Center, Hutch Campus, Bronx, NY
October 2015 - Present
- Spinal Cord Stimulator Lead Placement via Sacral Hiatus in the treatment of Post Radiation Proctitis
Serban. S, North American Neuromodulation Meeting, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Therapeutic Benefits of Platelet-Rich Plasma in the Treatment of Whiplash Associated Disorder
Research Fellow, St Joseph's Regional Medical Center
- Basic Arabic
Get the pain relief you need.
Live the life you want.
Request an appointment today, or first schedule a free phone Q&A with our medical director to see if we’re right for you.